• 0 voto(s) - 0 Media
DieCut of line in CartoDroid
Hi! I'm using CartoDroid in forestry for tracking and measurment activities. My project have one POLYLINE layer. I need to cut selected line with 'Die cut' option but receive message: 'There is no layer that can die cut entities from my layer'. What I have to do? What steps do I need? 
Please help!
  Responder
(26-10-2021, 00:20:35)Mario Feger escribió: Hi! I'm using CartoDroid in forestry for tracking and measurment activities. My project have one POLYLINE layer. I need to cut selected line with 'Die cut' option but receive message: 'There is no layer that can die cut entities from my layer'. What I have to do? What steps do I need? 
Please help!

Hello Mario Feger and thank you for using Cartodruid.

CartoDruid can die cut lineal features just agains polygon layers.
If in your use case, you're trying to cut a line in two, you can use a support polygonal layer to draw the sketch of the "cutting polygon" and apply die cut in your polyline layer against the polygon layer.
Keep in mind, that the result of this operation will keep just the part of the original polyline that intersects with the polygon layers, any part of the original line that doesn't overlaps with a polygon will be dismissed.
So if, for example, you are trying to split the line in two, and you want to keep both parts of the line, you need, two adjacent polygons that overlap with all the length of the line.

Please let me know if this solution works for you.
Gracias por utilizar CartoDruid.

Un saludo.

Rosa María Muñiz García
Técnico del Área de Tecnologías de la Información

Instituto Tecnológico Agrario de Castilla y León
www.itacyl.es
  Responder
(02-11-2021, 13:33:03)Rosa Maria Muñiz Garcia escribió:
(26-10-2021, 00:20:35)Mario Feger escribió: Hi! I'm using CartoDroid in forestry for tracking and measurment activities. My project have one POLYLINE layer. I need to cut selected line with 'Die cut' option but receive message: 'There is no layer that can die cut entities from my layer'. What I have to do? What steps do I need? 
Please help!

If in your use case, you're trying to cut a line in two, you can use a support polygonal layer to draw the sketch of the "cutting polygon" and apply die cut in your polyline layer against the polygon layer.
Keep in mind, that the result of this operation will keep just the part of the original polyline that intersects with the polygon layers, any part of the original line that doesn't overlaps with a polygon will be dismissed.
So if, for example, you are trying to split the line in two, and you want to keep both parts of the line, you need, two adjacent polygons that overlap with all the length of the line.

Yes, this solution works fine and as expected. When the line is cut in two parts and first part is selected the line length can be read from Info button. The point is to measure road length in forest during road construction works. Trees are cut and forest bush cleaning takes place along the road path. But I found better solution that is more simple. As the road have its width I have buffered road line 5 meters to left side and 5 meters to right side with QGIS Vector - Buffer tool. So I got a polygon 10 meter wide that have area and when one part of road is finished we just cut the polygon and measure area of polygon parts. This area have ratio to rest of unfinished road area and gives us information on completed works.

As far as I have seen CartoDroid have good potential for different measurement tasks and geometry manipulation in the field. Instituto Tecnologico Agrario have done really great job with CatroDroid. I am now preparing data for working with forest compartment polygons having about 5 - 10 hectares area each. Containing SpatiaLite have 500 - 700 such polygons. Raster ortho-photo covers area about 10 x 10 kilometers and MBtiles file is filled over 600 MB of data. New octa-core Samsung Galaxy A52 with 128 GB main memory works fine with such large amount of data on first tests. So large remote areas of forest can be covered with off line data jobs where there is poor 3G or 4G GSM Internet radio signal. Hope CartoDroid will do successfully this job. 

Thank you for your help and instructions with greetings from Croatia!
  Responder
(20-11-2021, 17:25:50)Mario Feger escribió:
(02-11-2021, 13:33:03)Rosa Maria Muñiz Garcia escribió:
Please help!

Yes, this solution works fine and as expected. When the line is cut in two parts and first part is selected the line length can be read from Info button. The point is to measure road length in forest during road construction works. Trees are cut and forest bush cleaning takes place along the road path. But I found better solution that is more simple. As the road have its width I have buffered road line 5 meters to left side and 5 meters to right side with QGIS Vector - Buffer tool. So I got a polygon 10 meter wide that have area and when one part of road is finished we just cut the polygon and measure area of polygon parts. This area have ratio to rest of unfinished road area and gives us information on completed works.

As far as I have seen CartoDroid have good potential for different measurement tasks and geometry manipulation in the field. Instituto Tecnologico Agrario have done really great job with CatroDroid. I am now preparing data for working with forest compartment polygons having about 5 - 10 hectares area each. Containing SpatiaLite have 500 - 700 such polygons. Raster ortho-photo covers area about 10 x 10 kilometers and MBtiles file is filled over 600 MB of data. New octa-core Samsung Galaxy A52 with 128 GB main memory works fine with such large amount of data on first tests. So large remote areas of forest can be covered with off line data jobs where there is poor 3G or 4G GSM Internet radio signal. Hope CartoDroid will do successfully this job. 

Thank you for your help and instructions with greetings from Croatia!

Hello Mario Feger and thank yor for using Cartodruid.
P
lease, let me know if you have been able to use Cartodruid successfully.
Gracias por utilizar CartoDruid.

Un saludo.

Rosa María Muñiz García
Técnico del Área de Tecnologías de la Información

Instituto Tecnológico Agrario de Castilla y León
www.itacyl.es
  Responder

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)